fredag, november 13, 2009

Sukkersøtt 61 - Christmas Tree Decorations

It's Friday again and time for a new challenge at the Sukkersött blog. This time you have to make something to hang on your Christmas tree - it can be an ornament, basket, cone etc. The only requirement is that you have to use at least one stamp on your project.
This time the DT has been sponsored by Minnehjørnet with a stamp. I made a cone to hang on our Christmas tree.
The cone is made with a vintage look by using crackle paint, laces etc,

The cone I used is from Panduro Hobby.
First I painted the cone with white primer paint.
Then I used white Crackle Paint from Ranger.
When the crackle Paint was dry, I used some faded jeans Distress Ink from Ranger and dabbed it on the cone. It looks kind of dramatic at this picture, but when you clean off the access ink it looks really good.
I sprayed on some water to wash away the access ink. This way there is only blue ink in the cracks and they become more visible.

The stamp is coloured with Distress Ink Refillers and then cut out. The cone was decorated with a white lace, some raffia, roses from Inkido, Stickles(Frosted Lace) and Crackle Accents.

Thanks for visiting and please scroll down to see the first card I posted today;)

6 kommentarer:

Jocelyn sa...

Oh How Adorable this turned out!!! Thanks for the how to's..I have to try this out! :-)

Trine sa...

Utrolig lekkert kremmerhus!!! Koselig med nissen oppi :o) God helg!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug sa...

I just love your ornament!! Too cute!!! Thanks for showing how you created it!! I may have to give it a try.
~Chris

Angella sa...

Tenk deg å ha ti slike på juletreet da:)) Stilig! ...og julekulene var utrolige fine.
Håper du ikke har flere hemmeligheter nå , Kristine;) Morsomt at du har blitt frue. Det er vel ikke små i vente?? må jo bare spørre ....hehe!

HA en flott helg, Kjære deg!
Angella

Tonje sa...

Det var et kjempesøt juledekorasjon!

Monica sa...

Awesome cone and such simple directions. Thanks for sharing.